JOB OPPORTUNITY: ACCOUNTANT
The Tanzania Federation of Disabled People’s Organizations (SHIVYAWATA) is a non-governmental federation established in 1992 and brings together ten national Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs) for advocating Disability rights, needs and issues. The Federation is a mouthpiece for matters pertaining to PWDs in Tanzania.
The essence of having the Federation was to afford a larger, louder and common voice on cross cutting issues of lobbying and advocacy such as; Legislation, Policies, Education, Health, Employment, Social Protection, Gender and many other similar issues leading to social change and practice responsive to Persons with Disabilities (PWDs).
Vision: SHIVYAWATA envisions a society which advocates for and empowers persons with disabilities through the recognition of human rights, creation of barrier free environment and inclusive society for all people of Tanzania
Mission: Launching a prolonged campaign geared toward repudiating social injustices facing disabled people through social, economic, and political systems.
SHIVYAWATA is currently looking for a qualified Accountant to undertake the following duties.
- The Accountant shall be SHIVYAWATA Accountant to be entrusted with all financial accounting matters for the federation.
- Ensure financial aspects of project reports are generated and submitted on timely basis.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly Bank reconciliation statements.
- You will be cashier of SHIVYAWATA.
- Preparing financial reports for various projects undertaken in the Federation.
- Making official payments.
- Prepared cash requisitions.
- Maintain fixed assets register including accessories.
- Labeling and monitor movement of assets.
- Ensure assets are insured sufficiently.
- Ensure proper documentations of all supporting documents.
- Writing books of Account using manual and computerized system such Tally and Quick Book.
- Updating books of account.
- Updating and reconciling all Imprest Accounts including person accounts.
- Writing and updating Stores subsidiary ledger.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Management.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERENCE.
- Candidate should have at least a degree or diploma in Accounting.
- At least three years working experience in accounting field especially in donor funded projects.
- Prior working experience in Disabled People’s Organization (DPOs) and Pro Disability Organizations (PDOs) will be of good advantage.
- A skill on computer application, knowledge of Microsoft Excel is of at most importance.
- Must be fluent in English and Swahili languages.
- Applicants with disability or Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania.
- Applicants should attach covering letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address, email, telephone number and 2 referees and send by email or by post.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicant should attach their copies of academic certificates.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.
- Application should be made in English.
Deadline for all application is 15 th March 2015. Application received after the deadline will not be considered
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE SENT TO THE SECRETARY GENERAL OF SHIVYAWATA THROUGH THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES.
Email: email@example.com Or delivered by hand at:-
Tanzania Federation of Disabled People’s Organisations
Shirikisho la Vyama vya Watu Wenye Ulemavu Tanzania (SHIVYAWATA)
Physical Address: Luhombo Street Mwananyamala – Vijana Plot 367
Post Address: P.O Box 42984, Dar es Salaam – Tanzania
Mob: +255 754 698820 / +255 22 2762233
Follow SHIVYAWATA on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ShivyawataTz
Like SHIVYAWATA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SHIVYAWATA